Terry S. Schneier
Terry Schneier is a veteran litigator with extensive experience representing both healthcare clients and plaintiffs in elder abuse and medical malpractice claims. She has also represented healthcare professionals in medical licensing issues. Over the course of her dynamic legal career, she has litigated nursing care facility survey and certification cases in state and federal proceedings, as well as litigated Medicaid payment issues with the Department of Health Services.
Along with her considerable litigation experience, Ms. Schneier has performed facility investigations accused of abuse, unusual occurrence and immediate jeopardy, and has drafted dispute resolutions and citation review arguments based on the complaint and survey deficiencies.
In 2012, Ms. Schneier completed 1,000 hours of nursing care administration training, and is eligible for the state and federal examinations required to acquire a nursing home operator’s license.
She is admitted to practice law in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Juris Doctor: Southwestern University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts: Brandeis University (English and American Literature)
- Masters of Business Administration in Nonprofit Management: University of Judaism
Professional Association & Memberships
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Los Angeles Country Bar Association, Member
- South Bay Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Health Care Compliance Association (Compliance Health Care Certification)
Pro Bono Activities
- Executive Vice President of Temple Emet
“Government Oversight of Long-Term Care Providers in the Post-ACA World”, Inside the Minds: Health Care Law Enforcement and Compliance, 2014 Edition